Sunday, April 24, 2016

Yesterday I went to my favorite spot again (not that there aren't others equally nice but this one is the closest to my home). I practiced pretty much everything I can do and when it came to the pedal up I noticed that I went from landing on the rear wheel to rolling up onto the obstacle. I think this happened because I have been doing a lot of up to fronts lately and the movement of pushing the front wheel forward just cannot be erased when doing the pedal up.

Anyways, I saw a tutorial on Trials-Forum.co.uk for how to tap and while I was able to do this already quite a while ago, I had to learn it all over again yesterday. The only thing that has changed from this video to now is that I can do it much more controlled and am not afraid of hitting the wall badly anymore. :)

I also figured that when doing the pedal up like a roll up, I might as well leave the brakes open after the jump. So in the video you can see what I can do rather consistently now. A pedal up (or roll up) with a tap before. I will have to try this technique on a higher wall though. I have become very careless in trying new walls and spots. :(

The gap onto the tree stump I was able to do 1 1/2 years ago already but it is the first time I have been able to land, turn and do the gap back. Not that it's particularly difficult but at this time of the year there's a bush your front wheel gets caught in. So there's a pretty small area you can land on without your front wheel getting caught in the bush and I managed to do this yesterday for the first time.

Breakless Tap, Gap to Gap from Niconj on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment